5 Things that will happen during London 2012
This entry was posted on Friday, July 27th, 2012
Up Yours Romney.
When Mitt Romney pontificated on London’s readiness to host the World’s biggest sporting event, he merely confirmed his own absence of any readiness to host the World’s biggest Presidency. Well we’re ready Romney – so ready we can even tell you right now 5 things that are bound to happen during London 2012.
1. Nauseating ‘USA, USA, USA’ chants will ring loud and proud around nearly every Olympic event (when are they going to introduce cricket!!!), whilst our friends from across the pond find a way to win 100 medals + . This tally should ensure they are the country leaving London with the most medals (1.37 on Betfair).
2. Seb Coe will be everywhere. Think Platini in France ’98. Think der Kaiser in ’06. Transport will work well for at least one man this summer.
3. The back pages on Wednesday 8th August will be headlined ‘Brothers in Arms’ as the Brownlee boys embrace, having finished first and second in the Triathlon. The value may have been a few weeks ago on Alistair, but you can still get 8/13 with our friends at Blue Square.
4. There will be bedlam when a huge international star falls victim to the ‘one false start and you’re out’ policy that saw Usain Bolt forced out of the 2011 100m World Championship Final. Expect posh people in suits who had paid gazillions to be particularly angry.
5. Nobody will care about the Paralympics. Sorry folks – but after the Lord Mayor’s show and what-not.